Wednesday 4 November 2009

What is 'Good' - Part 2

Well, let the designing begin once again! After drawing and sketching down ideas which consisted of a range of ideas including: drinking products, holders, bags etc i decided my strongest idea was too produce a package which could hold toilet paper and sick bags.
I want my product too be humorous for the viewer and too promote my company using a different technique too usual skydiving companies serious tone too the audience.


Above - my original design which i was initially pleased with. Once looked upon in a different way however, the red could be associated with blood (or death) and the cross at the top does not help as people would link this with hospitals and again ... death.


Above - the original design put onto the packaging (once again self designed) I wanted too build an original package which could be used purely too hold my pieces (toilet paper and sick bags) I produced this design before i thought about the colour relation to death as mentioned in the text above.


After reworking the colours and changing the cross this is how it has come out so far. I replaced the red with a bright and natural colour blue. In turn this worked well with a pink/purple. These colours related too my activity which is extreme in itself plus these colours are more attention seeking which works well for my target audience and tone of voice.

After a very successful and helpful criticism today (wednesday) it was put across too me even though the company name 'parashiit' is good and humorous, it could also work in a negative way and scare people off. I was told there is a fine line between what i am trying too do, and i was working it well, but needed too change the name too make it a success. so along came 'pooshute' ... hilarious, and not scary in the slightest ... gives anyone a slight grin when read.


So i chose my design, the type i wished too use and the layout - and so far i am very pleased with the result. The packaging style and form is as good as i hoped and now the logo design is coming along a treat.


Final image - only one subtle change here but i feel it makes all the difference and looks more professional! I loved the way the piece was working, the layout, image, type etc, although i felt there was too much white! So i changed the logo type from white too purple - subtle but much nicer!

No comments:

Post a Comment