Wednesday 16 December 2009

Final 4 Silent Movies + Storyboards

So here they are. The final series of 4 Silent movies along with my final digital storyboards. This brief i found very enjoyable. Learning new software was a bonus - because it felt like we were all starting at the same point being 'beginners'

Below - My final 3D sequence. I was so proud to be able to make it into 3D alone, but to make each of the letters move and have pace to keep to the word 'Zoom' was a very hard, but worth while process. Keeping with the strict colour rules of only using 2 colours, plus one background colour actually worked to my advantage.


Below - My first attempt at making the letters move and come toward the camera in some sort of 3D sense. Basically it went to crap, but i did make this reasonably good sequence. I decided not to make it hard for myself by only using 2 colours. I decided to also use an opacity tool which gave me the advantage of fading out letters which i didn't need/want.


Below - When i think of the word 'Zoom' ... for some reason i think of our eyes. And how our eyesight views things both up close, and at a distance. I decided i would use one other colour (red) which would give more impact and become a useful factor in the middle of the sequence. Again for one of my first attempts - not bad!


Below - This was my first realistic attempt. Even though its pretty simple and uses all of the tool and tricks we learnt in our first workshop ... its still affective and answers the brief, both relating to the word and use of colour, scale etc.

2 comments:

  1. watching you throughout this brief, you made great progression. you learnt how you use the software quickly even though at times you laptop nearly took flight. your clips showed the great progression and the final clip were fab. wel done

    ReplyDelete
  2. really like the simplicity of these animations. no need for over complication. this means that the communication is strong. nice one

    ReplyDelete