Saturday 15 May 2010

Design Development 1

So its finally time to start developing my initial ideas through illustrator. Here i can play with layout, colour and scale a lot quicker - which makes this process much more time affective.

Below: Starting with one of my original ideas i decided to experiment with colour. Through my research i found that most label designs are just one colour. I thought it was best to have a play around with the colours even though i think my final design will also be one colour. I don't think that i will be developing the idea below any further as it doesn't have a uniqueness about it - it actually reminds me of the flintstones font.


Below: Again experimenting with colour - i like some of these designs. Once again all i can think about is my research and the one or two tone colour pallet. I decided to use this font once again but feel it will not be used in a final design.


Below: After a crit earlier this week - i got feedback on all these designs. They were very much liked however the typeface was not appreciated. Below i attempted to make the design a lot simpler using just the beginning letterforms from each work in the name. However once again the font got picked on - this time it reminded people of the 'top cat' logo - brilliant.

No comments:

Post a Comment