Friday 28 May 2010

OUGD203 Evaluation

This module has been my strongest to date where I have produced some of my best work. I have developed many new skills during this module and I'm over the moon i faced my fear of returning to screen printing to produce a range of t-shirts. Getting away from the mac and getting hands on with my designs was a great feeling.
I have also gained skills in developing initial ideas. In previous modules i would jump straight onto illustrator and start experimenting with layouts and scale. However with this brief i decided to use design sheets initially to get some quick ideas sketched out. Im also very happy with the final vinyl sleeves. If i were to do it again i would have the logos embossed and the stock would be thicker.

Initially my research was very defined to existing music labels however after broadening the range i researched into - i found this helped me become more experimental and playful with the layout for my final logo.
Throughout the module, i tried to keep a constant update on research during initial design development through to layouts, colours etc - to do with the range of products i used to advertise the re-brand of Domino Records.

I can identify several strengths in my work for this module. I feel i have been versatile with my designs using type in this brief. I also feel i have grown stronger in my ability to keep a constant update on my blogs for what i have been doing on a regular basis. I was pleased to finally screen print during a brief. After initially making several mistakes which cost me time and money - i finally started to produce my range of t-shirts using different designs and colours. I really enjoyed this new process and feel i will be using the screen printing facilities a lot over summer and into my third year. I also feel my work is going in the direction i like to design and produce. I like to get hands on with my work and intend to research into more medias i could develop my work towards.

I found that i have become more interested in stocks which i use to print my resolutions on. However i don't feel i explored potential stock for my vinyl sleeve fully. If i was to do this again i would print on a slightly thicker card and emboss the logo through. A weakness i need to address in time management in briefs with a lengthy deadline. I approach the brief feeling confident with time etc but half way through realise i have not been working to my full potential. I am however satisfied with the work i produced in this module and feel it is some of my strongest work - i just wish i was a week ahead of myself so i would have had time to produce my full range of 6 t-shirts.

Attendance 3
Punctuality 4
Motivation 4
Commitment 5
Quantity of work produced 4
Quality of work produced 4
Contribution to the group 4

No comments:

Post a Comment