Tuesday 11 May 2010

Initial Ideas 3

I could see that i was going to have a lot of more and be a lot more creative using the decorative typefaces - so i decided to put my focus on them for a while. After looking into typefaces used on album and single covers released by Domino Records - i decided to go with the more hand rendered fonts.
Below: I decided to go along with my favorite of the bunch which is 'Papercuts'. Here i decided to focus on layout and scale. I tried playing with the idea of using the basic shape of a domino and the dots in them. So far im pleased with how these designs are coming along - im very much liking one or two of them but feel they need further development.


Below: Once again still developing the layout for my Domino Records logo. Still using the 'Papercuts' typeface but playing with the scale, layout and message. Im starting to really like the design which using the 'd' and 'r' to represent Domino Records - this design along with the (below) top right hand side design will be further developed making the shape of a domino.

No comments:

Post a Comment